150 Taylor Station Rd
Columbus, Oh 43213
- Patient Education
- Physicians and Nurse Practitioners
- Our Services
- Contact Us
Two important updates May 27, 2020
We are pleased to let you know that we are seeing patients for routine annual exams and screening mammograms. If you had your appointment cancelled in March or April, call us to schedule your appointment now. Our number is 614 434-2400, option 1.
Also, for our pregnant patients who are scheduled for an ultrasound. You may bring one person to your ultrasound appointment.
Update April 29, 2020
With the successful programs taken by the state of Ohio we can resume seeing patients for annual exams and screening mammograms. During her Friday April 17th press meeting, Doctor Acton stated that it’s time to begin providing medical services such as screening mammograms. On Monday, Governor DeWine also gave permission for the resumption of regular doctor visits and imagine services.
To continue the successful policies of keeping you and our staff safe and healthy, we will follow these policies.
Our staff will continue to wear face masks. Enhanced sanitizing procedures will take place after every patient visit.
We ask that you do your part to help stop the spread of the virus. We are requiring our patients to wear some sort of nose and mouth covering while in our office. To maintain appropriate social distancing standards, once you check in with the receptionist, you will be asked to wait in your car. We will call you on your cell phone when the doctor is ready to see you.
Lastly, we ask that you come to your appointment alone. We will not permit anyone in our office other than our patients. If you are pregnant and have your 20 week ultrasound appointment scheduled, please contact our office to make special arrangements for one other person to attend the ultrasound with you.
IF YOU ARE UNBALE TO FOLLOW THESE NECESSARY POLICIES, PLEASE RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT. WE CANNOT MAKE EXCEPTIONS.
By following these policies, we strongly believe we are providing the safest environment for your health care.
Columbus OB/GYN Updates as of 4/16/2020
We hope this email finds you well. We wanted to keep you updated on several aspects of our practice during this difficult time.
1) Following the current public health guidelines, elective surgeries and non-urgent gynecology office visits have been cancelled through May 1st at this time. This date may change again in the future. We will keep you updated to the best of our abilities. Telemedicine visits are available for some concerns. Please call the office if you are interested in a telemedicine appointment.
2) Please continue to come to your visits alone. In addition, we respectfully request that you follow the CDC and the Ohio Department of Health recommendations and come to your appointment wearing a mask or scarf to cover your nose and mouth to protect those around you. Our staff are all wearing masks to protect you as well.
3) Many of the labs that we utilize have either closed or decreased their hours. We recommend you call the day before or the day of any necessary lab work to make sure your lab is open. Ohio Health lab information and locations are available here. For Mount Carmel labs you can visit http://www.mountcarmelhealth.com/find-a-service-or-specialty/lab-services You are also welcome to call our offices for assistance.
4) We are happy to announce that Ohio Health is now offering online classes for expectant families including Childbirth Express, Breastfeeding Preparation, and Baby Care Basics. You can find more information and register at http://www.ohiohealth.com/health-and-wellness/classes-and-events/ .
As always, we are here for you. Please call with any questions or concerns.
The physicians and staff of Columbus OB/GYN
Columbus OB/GYN Updates as of 4/6/2020
We are still here for you at Columbus OB/GYN! We are happy to announce a new way to see your provider.
Telemedicine is now available for established patients. It is easy, private, and often covered by insurance. Some types of visits that can likely be conducted via telemedicine include: medication questions and refills, urinary tract infections, sexually transmitted diseases, vaginal infections, bleeding problems, birth control counselling, menopausal symptoms, anxiety/depression, infertility, sexual dysfunction, and postpartum visits without a physical concern. Some of these visit types may require a trip to a lab following your telemedicine visit for diagnosis confirmation.
In addition to telemedicine, we are still seeing patients in the office if needed following all the guidelines to help keep you and our staff safe and healthy.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when preparing for a telemedicine visit:
*choose a location with a high-speed internet connection
*use a device with a microphone and camera and set the camera to eye level
*if using a mobile device, check your settings to ensure you’re on wi-fi
*choose a room that is private and free of noise and possible distractions
*gather any information about new medications or changes in your health history
*have available your preferred pharmacy information
*know which lab you’d like to use if needed (Ohio Health or Mt. Carmel and which location)
*take and record your weight and blood pressure if possible (please do not venture out to obtain this information) before your appointment
*write down your questions
*accept the invitation from your provider via email or text message to join your telemedicine visit
*enjoy this easy and convenient visit with your provider
Columbus OB/GYN Updates as of 3/26/2020
During the past couple of weeks our community has seen many changes in how we live our daily lives. We anticipate these changes will continue for the next several weeks to months. We want you to know that we are keeping your health and safety at the center of all we do. With that in mind, we are following the recommendations of the CDC, the Ohio Department of Health, the Governor’s COVID 19 task force, and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. These guidelines have led to the following changes that you should be aware of:
• There have been changes in our workflow. Many of our staff are answering phone calls from home. When you call the office you will leave a voicemail. The staff will then return your call as quickly as possible. Please know that this returned call may come from an unfamiliar or blocked phone number.
• Only patients are allowed into the office. Please come alone.
• All non-urgent visits including annuals and mammograms are being rescheduled.
• Up to date hospital information including visitor information can be found at www.blog.ohiohealth.com for Ohio Health and www.mountcarmelhealth.com for Mount Carmel facilities.
We are dedicated to caring for you through this time. We will get through this together.
Visit our website for valuable updates and links to healthcare information. For more COVID-19 info, visit coronavirus.ohio.gov
Thank you for helping us during this unprecedented time. Together we will continue to provide you with the best care.
New patients are always welcome at Columbus OB-GYN. We are pleased you have chosen us to be your health care provider. With our seven locations, seventeen board-certified physicians and two certified nurse practitioners, we are certain that we will not only meet, but exceed your expectations. Offering a wide variety gynecological services as well the finest prenatal care we are positive that by choosing Columbus OB-GYN you are choosing the best.
150 Taylor Station Rd
1125 Yard Street
5500 N. Meadows Dr.
3750 Ridge Mill Dr.
24 Hidden Ravines
Powell, Ohio 43065
54 W High St
160 W. Main Street
New Albany, Ohio
641 Hill Road North
7450 Hospital Dr.
I have been a patient of Dr. Simon for 28 years. He is the most caring, compassionate physician I have ever encountered. He carried me through 2 miscarriages and delivered my 2 beautiful daughters. He has always gone the extra mile. I've seen a couple other doctors in the practice also and all of them have been awesome, most recently being Dr. Hahn. Thank you to the entire organization for your care and compassion.
My doctor was Dr. Bloise he retired and since I have seen Dr. Simon and Susan Frost (Nurse Practitioner)
Everyone that I have seen at this OBGYN have been wonderful, kind and caring.
My relationships with this OBGYN started in 2000 when I moved to Columbus.
Columbus Obstetricians Gynecologists, Inc. is great!
Dr. Houser explains Functional Medicine and the benefits of approaching symptoms and recurring health issues by addressing the whole system to restore health.
Select any filter and click on Apply to see results
You can make a secure online payment on your account using Phreesia.com. Just use the button below and follow the instructions. The entire process takes just a minute.
We are excited to welcome Carrie Alampi back to our practice! Carrie will be working with patients in our New Albany location beginning February 6th.
A little note from Carrie:
I’m so excited to partner with Dr. Laura Houser to help patients make lasting lifestyle changes!
Our new office in Grandview Heights is now open! We think you're going to love this state of the art facility, located in Grandview Yard accross from Giant Eagle Market District, on Yard Street. We even have a brand new mammography and ulstrasound machines. We look forward to seeing you!
Tired of shaving or waxing unwanted facial and body hair?
With laser hair removal you can get the touchable skin you’ve always wanted. All you need is a few simple treatments to get lasting results. The best part - treatments are fast, easy and practically pain-free!
We offer free...Read More »